The Ayurveda is a time-tested whole-body approach to achieving and maintaining health and well-being, practiced in India for the past 5,000 years. According to the Ayurveda, there are three basic body types: Vata Skin, Pita Skin and Kapha Skin. These body types extend to your skin type.
Imbalance Symptoms of Vata Skin Type
Those who are Vata have an excess of air and ether. Their skin is cool to the touch. It is fine and delicate, with small pores. When young they have the perfect porcelain complexion, smooth and free from blemishes.
Because of the delicateness of their skin, however, as they get older Vatas are prone to wrinkles and premature aging if they do not take care to consistently moisturize and hydrate. They are also highly vulnerable to dry, windy weather, and if their skin goes out of balance it will become dry, flaky, and prone to eczema and irritation.
How To Balance Vata Dosha Skin
If this is your type, in order to balance the cold, drying energy of your Vata skin you need to focus on two key words: soothe and hydrate.
Hydration is essential for Vata skin. And because it is prone to irritation, all products you use should be all natural, and contain ingredients designed to soothe and protect. Never, ever use soap on your skin. Instead try Refresh Botanicals Foaming Facial Cleanser to gently remove dirt and impurities without drying or irritating.
Bringing your body into full balance also means adopting a Vata-pacifying lifestyle. This involves going to bed on time, eating regular meals, and following a regular daily routine, including a regular daily facial skin-care routine.
Recommended Vata Skin Care:
In the morning:
- Use Refresh Botanicals Foaming Facial Cleanser to gently remove dirt and impurities. Either rinsing it off with water or gently wiping it away with a cotton pad.
- Gently massage Refresh Botanicals Intensive Serum all over to provide deep hydration and anti-oxidants to combat premature signs of aging.
- Apply a gentle, soothing and hydrating moisturizer like Refresh Botanicals Daily Moisturizer. Its proprietary blend of cornflower water and cucumber extract are ideal for soothing redness and irritation. And its rich blend of almond, jojoba, and coconut oils provide exceptional hydration.
In the evening:
- Use a combination of Refresh Botanicals Eye + Face Makeup Remover followed by Refresh Botanicals Foaming Facial Cleanser to ensure that your face is free of all unwanted residues. These non-drying products will leave your skin feeling soft and smooth, weather you rinse them off with water or wipe them away with a cotton pad.
- Give yourself a gentle face massage with Refresh Botanicals Intensive Serum to provide deep lipid support and provide full hydration.
- Apply an even layer of Refresh Botanicals Night Restore Complex. As with the Daily Facial Moisturizer, its proprietary blend of cornflower water and cucumber extract are ideal for eliminating redness and irritation, and its blend of almond and jojoba oil provide exceptional hydration. In addition, it contains algae extract to improve the water binding properties of your skin and olive leaf extract to diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles so that you wake up in the morning with healthy, glowing hydrated skin.